Since Ben Kenobi gets to be all 007 in the "Obi Incognito" story arc of The Clone Wars, the "Rako Hardini" is actually a take on the classic "Vesper", James Bond's martini of choice. There are plenty of Mi6 moments for the Master of Soresu in that story arc, and we know ol' Ben likes to knock 'em back like ol' Bond anyway, so we're "disguising" the original Vesper with just a touch of local flair and intergalactic ingenuity.
And of course, the Rako Hardini is only to be served shaken...not stirred!
What you will need:
- 3 Parts Dogfish Head Compelling Gin (check local availability)
- 1 Part Dogfish Head Analog Vodka (ditto as above)
- 1/2-Part Lillet Blanc Aperitif (or similar; dry vermouth acceptable)
- Lime Wedge
How you do it:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with cracked ice, and combine gin, vodka, and aperitif.
- Put the top on and shake until the Hardini is ice-cold. You have no way of really knowing that, so just give it a few really healthy shakes!
- Keep the lid on, and strain the mixture into a martini glass.
- Use a lime wedge or peel to rim the glass.
- skewer a few blueberries with a toothpick, and garnish the Rako Hardini with your fruity "blue lightsaber".
- Enjoy! Keep that lime wedge handy if the booze makes you snoot.